- Similar to exposed aggregate, and liquid limestone, concrete is very popular for concrete driveways, concrete footpaths, and alfresco and entertaining areas.
- Looking around wherever you are, you can always count on the fact that there will be ;concrete near me’. Concrete quite literally forms the foundation for the majority of construction in the world, and is no surprise that it is used so much just based on it’s sheer durability and relatively low cost to install concrete per m3.
- Concrete is perfect for hard stands, footpaths, heavy traffic areas, and concrete driveways in Perth. Perth North, Perth South, Perth Hills, and Mandurah, and can come in wide selection of colours too. These colours can range from standard grey concrete to reds, blacks, earth tones, the list goes on.
Pros, Cons, and Options
- There are pros and cons to each colour of course, but all look fantastic in the right design flow with the right coloured concrete patterns.
- If you are looking for stencilled concrete in Perth, we can also help with this, and can assist with different stencilling options and choices. We are the concrete contractors of choice, and can also help with your concrete resurfacing in Perth too.
- Get in touch with us today to talk more about how we can help your choose your concrete colours, help with pouring your next concrete driveway, and deliver you a great product and define the concrete cost per m2 for your project.
What is concrete?
There are three basic ingredients in the concrete mix:
- Portland Cement
- Aggregates (rock and sand)
Portland Cement – The cement and water form a paste that coats the aggregate and sand in the mix. The paste hardens and binds the aggregates and sand together.
Water– Water is needed to chemically react with the cement (hydration) and too provide workability with the concrete. The amount of water in the mix in pounds compared with the amount of cement is called the water/cement ratio. The lower the w/c ratio, the stronger the concrete. (higher strength, less permeability)
Aggregates– Sand is the fine aggregate. Gravel or crushed stone is the coarse aggregate in most mixes.
When mixed together, these component parts form concrete that is then poured into formwork, screeded to level, floated to achieve uniform flatness or grade, and then the surface finished.
Finishes that we offer include
1. Steel trowel finish (most house slabs have this smooth finish)
2. Stencil finish, where we incorporate a stencil pattern on the surface of the concrete that is later removed
3. Broom finish, where the surface has a broom worked across it to act as a non slip surface
4. Scuffed finish, where similar to a broom finish, a power float or scuffing tool will leave a rough surface to prevent slips.
How much does concrete cost per metre?
- The price of concrete per m2 depends greatly a few things; the concrete colour, whether you want concrete stencilling, or if you want concrete resurfacing done or not.
- We can work with you in determining the extent of works at your site or location to ascertain an accurate costing, but as a rough guide, usually Perth concrete prices are around $60- $100/m2.
Concrete colours – which one is for me?
- With concrete colour systems, there are pros and cons to each variance out there whether is be a concrete footpath, entertaining area, or a concrete colours for a driveway, or general concrete colour solution.
- Both dark and light colours can offer fantastic style and street appeal to your property, but they can each offer differences in glare, and heat absorption similar to liquid limestone, so some planning is required to make sure that your desired colours are practical for the area that you want to concrete.
- Colours are achieved by mixing in concrete colour oxides at the batching plant that will leave your concrete uniformly coloured and durable for all conditions. We work with the best concrete suppliers in Perth to bring your our fantastic products and services.
- We can talk you through the process though of what will work best for you, so give us a call today for a free, no obligation quote for your concrete in Perth.
Advantages of a concrete finish
- Concrete is durable. It is resilient to just about everything, and can handle high temperatures, cold temperatures, furniture, foot traffic, and vehiclure traffic (depending on it’s design of course)
- Concrete is cheap. This is in comparison to other hard stand surface options out there such as pavers, wooden flooring, or more expensive exposed aggregate or liquid limestone slabs
- Concrete is easy to maintain. Concrete can quite easily be hosed or washed off, swept, vacuumed, mopped, and all with zero effect to its surface and finish. Once concrete is sealed, it locks out spills and potential staining, and nourishes the slab and surface.
- Concrete can be used in the most basic of construction, right through to decorative, and architectural marvel. In households, concrete forms the underlying slab foundation that carpets, vinyl, wooden flooring, and tiling are laid directly to.
- Easy to work with. Concrete when poured as a liquid can be shaped to suit its form, and can be worked in ways that will make your house, entertaining area, footpath, or alfresco bright, vibrant, and ready to stand the time for years to come.